Showing all 5 results
Cellulose is a very eco-friendly form of insulation. It is composed of 75-85% recycled paper fibre, usually post-consumer waste newsprint. The other 15% is a fire retardant such as boric acid or ammonium sulphate. Because of the compactness of the material, cellulose contains next to no oxygen within it. Without oxygen within the material, this helps to minimise the amount of damage that a fire can cause. So not only is cellulose perhaps one of the most eco-friendly forms of insulation, but it is also one of the most fire resistant forms of insulation. Cellulose has an R-value between R-3.1 and R-3.7.